Tuesday 12 August 2008

Walnut cake and Frankfurters


Inspired by the lists on other blogs, e.g. the Urban Woo’s., I’ve made my own:
Hideous minor celebrity I fancy and feel deeply ashamed about (and repulsed by myself in consequence): Dennis Waterman (I didn’t mean to fancy him. I had one of those awful, creepy dreams after watching him by accident on TV.)
Favourite cake (if not allowed squishy chocolate) : walnut and coffee.
Strangeish meal I eat when completely miserable, which always perks me up: frankfurters with lime pickle.
My lucky underwear is: a boned, zebra-print set (with yellow lace edging – ugh) that I got in a moment of sale-madness years ago. Got a wonderful job offer while wearing it, also was wearing it when Michael’s secretary rang with offer of dinner. It is incredibly naff and uncomfy, so I only ever wear it when everything else is in the wash.
Most horrible recent sensation: last Thursday, when I accidentally tipped some pommes dauphinoises into a hairy rug, and then had to comb it out with my fingers. While the kitten rode on my head, trying to be helpful.
Part of a politician that most annoys me: David Cameron’s puffy cheeks.
Thing I hate most about this summer: having to wear sweaters. Also, the way the milk still keeps going off in the fridge (the way it does in hot summers –why is that?).
What animal would I most like to see a comical youtube film about?: polar bear. Wish there were far more polar bear films on there.

2 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow has no idea what lime pickle is but thinks it sounds good.

As well as the stripey underwear, which are definitely a luck magnet.

Moo!

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiary, so sorry not to answer your comment sooner, but I promise to be much better in September.Love from scones xx