Sunday 31 August 2008

Quick Greek Thoughts


Managed to fins a Greek internet cafe. Can't write for too long as the bartender keeps sniggering at my breasts. The Greek men are very testosteroney and grumpy. Anyhoo, it is v hot here and Rache and i both have great tans. Part of the reason we came was that Rache was desperate to get away from her horrible cat, Oskar (it belonged to her ex). But the cats here are -well, completely different to English cats. There are so many of them. One black one keeps racing into our apartment and hiding under the bed. Another one, that looks stuffed, with a lumpy, misshapen head, stalks us, and if you give it a slice of bologna sausage it eats it INSTANTLY. There are about five kittens in the apartment bar, all of them snarling at each other when they think you aren't looking, and then putting on studiedly sweet expressions when they think you are.
Apart from that, Rache is getting on rather too well with the man who runs the rubbish shop that sells dry, furry peaches and overpriced bottled water. I'm rather sad i haven't managed to find anyone yet.

2 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Sounds fun. Be careful of Greeks bearing gifts though.

Especially if it is furry peaches. What could be worse?

Moo!

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiary, I agree with you completely. I think Rache is mad to have anything to do with him. But all the men in the other apartments are with women. (In some cases v frumpy ones, dressed in awful clothes and with miserable looks on their faces, but the men still seem devoted. I don't know how these women manage to get such great men. But I soon will - I've bought that book you recommended, about why men get married etc and am going to read it when I get home. My suitcase was too stuffed to take it with me to Greece. Love from scones xx