Tuesday 8 July 2008

Magic for Cake-lovers


My romantic life has been so rubbishy lately that I was quite interested when Rachel told me I ought to give magic a go. She discovered on the internet that the thing to do was to, first of all, write down all the things you are looking for in a man, and put it in an envelope in a safe place. Then you find out when the full moon is: 18th of this month – and on that evening you get hold of an African aphrodisiac called Yohimbe (available in health food stores), take some, and channel all your energy into ‘sex magic’ – i.e. thinking longingly of this new man who is going to come into your life. And then, apparently, he’ll appear within a couple of weeks. So here’s my list:
1) Healthy
2) Financially sound: lives in a lovely place
3) Kind and thoughtful
4) Not too old
5) No bad breath
6) Never clips toenails in front of you
7) Preferably has hair on his head
8) Preferably no paunch
9) Doesn’t mind waiting around while other people dry their hair, go shopping etc
10) Likes kittens. And cake.
I didn’t want to be too fussy, and rule out too many people. The papers have been full of stuff about ‘the dark triad’ recently, i.e. women prefer men who are narcissistic, thrill-seeking and selfish, but I think Iif I’m going in for witchcraft it’s probably best to keep it white and not ask for anything dark and creepy. Not v keen on this Yohimbe stuff. May substitute something else like watermelon (just been revealed as superaphrodisiac).

9 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow admits she hasn't turned to the black arts, but had no idea it was so easy.

Let's see, list:

Must like Topiary
Must adore Topiary
Must be willing to invite Topiary to take over the yard and any attached acreage.

That about does it (Cow trundling off to seek watermelon and yohimbe--hey, if one is good, two should be better, right?)

Moo!

Clair said...

Ooh, good list!

Mine is:
Funny
Has a lovely face
Bright
Funny
Daring
Funny
Playful
Kind
Creative
Funny

Not too much to ask, is it? Oh hang on... still single. Maybe it is?

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiary,I like your list. I wouldn't dare use Yohimbe myself as it has all these dreadful side-effects, like high blood-pressure, headaches, anxiety, dizziness, and it make you more likely to get schizophrenia. But it does make you feel v sexy. Apparently.Does Topiary go in for aphrodisiacs? Love from scones
Dear Clair, how amazing to find you on my blog!! I love your list. Funny men are the very best men, obviously, but i didn't put them on my list as I assume that's just asking too much. Like asking for Mr Big.
But you're right about single. Fancy forgetting that! I don't want any scuzzy old married men.Love from scones x

Anonymous said...

I have a list for you:
Must not have a fat bum
Must not gibber on endlessly about kittens
Must not eat cakes on a daily basis
Must not be desperate
Must not wear clothes which are too tight
Must not waste money on so called designer clothes and slapper shoes
Must not spend her whole time blogging rubbish with a bunch of elderly single losers

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Anonymous, what is this a list of? It is clearly not a list of ideal qualities in a man as I wouldn't have anything in common with him at all if it was.
And if it is a list of things I'm supposed to DO then it would involve giving up this blog, or else having a very grumpy, serious blog about politics, or having an alcoholic husband or something upsetting like that. I just am a frivolous kind of person Love scones

Anonymous said...

I think I know who Anonymous is. And he's a nasty, duplicitous little s**t who hates women because he's so bad with them. Sad, really.

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Miffy, well, thank you very much for your comment. I think Anonymous needs someone to be cross with him. (And it couldn't be me, because I am rubbish at ticking people off.) Welcome to my blog, love scones xx

Mrs Pouncer said...

Hoorah! Was I right? Is he the man in the darkened room playing amateurish pingpong with "nephews"? I am a very good judge of character.
I cannot make a list like yours. I have been married for more than three decades to the same man. Our wedding was featured in Country Life and included a snapshot of my dear old father in tears. Most thought it was from emotion, but it was really the enormous expense that made him weep. One of our daughters is marrying in December, and Mr Pouncer has already shed tears over some of the invoices that arrive by every post; it is a family tradition.

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Mrs Pouncer, sorry to hear about the invoices and the weeping.
I think your description of Anonymous is probably scarily accurate, and has made him creep off, ashamed. Love from scones x