Wednesday 23 July 2008

The Spell Comes Good!


The spell seems to be working! (Which is really amazing seeing as I did it so badly.) A workman wolf-whistled at me this morning. And didn’t shout abuse. (I was wearing my new turquoise tunic. I have discovered if you wear a belted tunic over trousers and high heels you look vastly thinner without having to diet. This was, actually discovered ages ago by Gok Wan et al., but has taken this long for me to implement it.) And the workman was quite decentish to look at, too, and when I glanced back at him he waved at me. (There was a finger or two raised in there, but he was smiling broadly so I don’t think he meant to be rude.)
And then when I got into work Daddy’s girl had moved off to another office, and Michael ACTUALLY RANG ME to ask if I wanted to go out to dinner with him on Friday! So I’m in the mood to celebrate, and Jo has brought in some shortbread. Which isn’t a very celebratory food really. In fact, it’s the sort of snack you have to mentally gather your strength for, even though it is nice. (Though it’s raspberry shortbread, so that might be different.)
Well, I never believed in witchcraft before, to be honest. I thought it was a load of poo. Sinister poo. But maybe it isn’t.

5 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Whoopie! (Cow dancing in Topiary glee at Michael ringing Scones!

Cow is very happy to hear this! Hooray!

Meanwhile, must make shopping list: oysters, watermelon, chocolate, full moon, red chalk, cat...

Moo!

The Topiary Cow said...

Wait a minute. Do you have to eat the oysters? Ick. Do you think it will work if you just look at them, or maybe rub one over you or something?

Moo!

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiary, well, it was actually his SECRETARY that rang me, but he is a very busy man etc.
Maybe it's just coincidence that this happened, after all. And I'm sure you don't have to eat the nasty oysters - though the kitten is enjoying them. Every time I look round she's pulled another one out of the rubbish and is fighting it under the bed. It's really that you're supposed to psyche yourself up to feel a real sexual longing for a man. That's how the spell is supposed to work. Love from scones x

The Topiary Cow said...

Okay. Gotcha.

Cow was so impressed with your luuuuve spell she blogged about it. Hope that is okay?

Moo!

scones with jam and cream said...

Oh yes, of course. I think you should do it to get yourself a wonderful man, too. Or rather, a wonderful mass of matching topiary. But you'll probably have to wait till the next full moon, as you can't do it when the moon is waning. Love scones x