Friday 21 November 2008

Life Gets Stressful


Well, I’ve spent all week working on a campaign leaflet thingy and being ceaselessly bothered and harassed by the design department who’ve kept demanding it earlier, even though it was impossible to it do that fast. I even took it home, and worked on it in the evenings, which is unheard-of for me. (Mirabelle jumped on my computer keyboard and pressed the wrong keys – just to rack up the tension.) And in the end I had to hand it back before I could do it half as well as I wanted to AND no one even said thank you for all the extra work I did. It left me feeling so let down. Like that famous remark someone once made about working for the BBC, that it made you feel like a mushroom: kept in the dark and with sh*t dumped on you at regular intervals. Really, work is getting so stressful now. Every one is in a state all the time. The designers were almost in tears yesterday.
Just as a sort of relief, because I felt so let down, I spent the early evening doing my hair and make-up and choosing an understated outfit. (Black, of course, plus some amazing gladiator shoes that I can hardly walk in, and cost far too much.) Then I tottered off round to see if Michael was in, and I could have a chat with him. His house was in darkness, and as I got closer I saw a For Sale board outside it.
Anyhoo, I’ve rung his number a few times since then, and I’ve only got the answerphone, so I don’t know what could have happened to him.

2 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Sorry about work. Hope it will get better.

Gosh. For Sale, eh? What a shock.

How terrible.

At least you shouldn't feel bad that he hasn't called, for when someone is losing their house/business they will hardly be thinking about personal calls.

Maybe you will hear from him when his business is sorted. You never know. And, at least now you don't have to tell him about any diseases. So, there IS a silver lining!

Moo!

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiary, yes it is good in a way, because it means he hasn't necessarily forgotten about me - he's just been preoccupied.
I was wondering whether he got that disease from the woman who was obviously meant to go to the posh hotel with him originally. Possibly, by the time I see him again he'll have got it cleared up etc...
You're right, it is good news.
Love from scones xx