Monday 26 May 2008

Moping, Cheesecake and Old Trousers


Feeling a bit flat, because the picnic with Glenn was rained off (sigh of relief) and I've found it strange coming down from the excitement of Saturday. Michael didn't seem that interested in me. He said Hello and then very quickly was whisked away by some pin-thin woman. Not that I was that interested in him, mind, but I always find it really unsettling seeing that wealthy world - I want to be part of it and know I can't. Ate some cheesecake, just out of general gloom.

Luckily Rachel dropped in to see me at lunchtime, and insisted we toddled off through the rain to watch Indiana Jones. What is it with elderly guy's trousers? They always do this weird thing at the front. You could just show me a guy's trousers and I could tell you whether he was 70+ or not.

6 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

The rich are different from you and I and their world does not include Topiary.--F.Scott Fitzgerald

Topiary doesn't really want to be around rich people either. It is unsettling and gloomy. If they'd attained their position by merit that would be okay but usually it is through some scam, or connection, or inheritance.

Cow wants to know whether you liked Indiana Jones?

Moo!

scones with jam and cream said...

It was enjoyable at the beginning, althought I found it increasingly hard to believe such an old man could do all those dangerous stunts. And then there was just too much whirling masonry and - really, wasn't it simply WRONG having aliens in there, too?
A pity, as I love all the other Indiana Joneses.It's so sad lovely men like Harrison Ford HAVE to get old, They ought to be excused it, I think. Love from scones xx

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow tries hard not to cynically see this revival of the Jones franchise as simply a gravy train for the children of Spielberg and Lucas.

Agree about the excuse for Harrison.

Cow thought the car race scene in the beginning was the best, though it was strangely derivative of Lucas' American Graffiti.

Moo!

Anonymous said...

Cheesecake is one of my worst addictions -- I will have to move away from the page hastily now!

Anonymous said...

I can recognise how much cheesecake a person has eaten just by looking at their trousers too. Pork off fatty, stop blogging such rubbish.

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiary, I liked the car scene at the beginning, too. I didn't think much of Shia Le Boeuf. I shan't be going to see any more Indiana Joneses if he is in it.
Dear Goodbyetoallfat, I just can't resist cheesecake. When I feel really down, it is what i reach for. I know it is wrong, but I can't help myself.
Dear Anonymous, I think you shouldn't be so intolerant of people who have eating problems. Or whose clothes are a little bit tight. It isn't kind. Haven't you ever had problems with cakes or trousers? And i suppose this blog IS rubbish, but then lots of pleasant things are a bit rubbishy.Like cheap chocolates or Hello magazine. Love scones