Wednesday 21 May 2008

Pink bubbles with Glenn



Hmm. Met Glenn last night in the Cadogan Arms. He was wearing a T-shirt again, under his jacket. It said:’ You Look Like I Need a Drink’. He didn’t smell of alcohol as much as before. There was a cheap aftershave in there somewhere. And chips. And he’d tied his hair back with an elastic band. So I almost didn’t feel embarrassed to be with him.
‘Tell me about yourself,’ he said, as we sat down. (He’d ordered a tonic water for himself.I had pink bubbles.) He propped his cheek on his hand and stared steadily at me. I got the eerie feeling J had told him exactly how to behave and he was following orders.
It was OK, but I got the feeling his attention was elsewhere. I kept catching him either staring at my tits or winking at one of the barmen. And he got annoyingly restless when I told him about Mirabelle Chanelle. But he must have listened because at the end he said he was dying to see ‘my dear little pussy’. And felt my thigh under the table. I really wasn’t sure Mirabelle would want anything to do with him. I acted on impulse., and as we came out into Sloane Square I saw a taxi and managed to stop it and leap in. He mouthed something as I drove off. It looked rude. He even ran after the taxi.
J is being offish, today, too. She pretended not to see me when I was getting coffee. Don’t know what that’s about.

5 comments:

The Topiaryiest Bunny said...

Dear scones,
Bunny is really glad about the providential appearance of the taxi.

One of Bunny's rules is to leave immediately should Topiary not be the center of attention. Winks at the barmen qualify for immediate dismissal.

You did the right thing.

Hippity-hop!

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiaryiest Bunny, I always think the best thing to do when a man is being irritating is to flee.
Are you by any chance related to the other green, tree-like person who visits this site? (Very nice to have so many leafy people visiting.) Have a lovely evening from scones xx

The Topiary Cow said...

Many claim kinship with others in the Land of Topiary.

Perhaps soon Cow will blog on this very topic....

Moo!

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiary cow, but how annoying, to have false topiary muscling in on your leafy patch! I'm so lucky, because no other cake-based people have been bothering me. Love from scones

The Topiary Cow said...

Actually, Bunny IS kin to Cow. A short, hoppy, annoying kin.

Moo!