Friday 24 October 2008

Clothes, clothes, clothes...



I was lying in bed at 4 in the morning, fretting about this and that, when I started thinking about clothes. Isn’t it weird how significant clothes are? Even clothes you’ve never worn, never even touched. Like – I just have to THINK about Richard Gere’s cheesy white suit (and cap) in ‘An Officer and a Gentleman’ and I feel this sexy frisson. And thinking about Richard Gere himself doesn’t do it. It’s the suit. And then there’s the lovely coffee-coloured dress (with tight belt) that Julia Roberts wears to the races in ‘Pretty Woman’. I loved that. I kept meaning to buy one like it, but never did, and now it’s almost as if I did anyway, I feel such affection and nostalgia. And I saw ‘Priceless’ last night, with Audrey Tatou in it, and that film is, really, about clothes. Not that any stick out particularly (though the evening dresses are amazing – though they wouldn’t suit me. They’re for very slim women with tiny tits.) It’s just that you find yourself looking eagerly at the clothes, not the people. They’re really NEW clothes, too: there are lots of shots of people snipping tags off them.
Anyhoo, Jasmine wants me to go to her place tonight to ‘meet someone that she knows I’ll like’ so I’ve been running over my clothes in my head. Pity I can’t buy new ones…

4 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Ah, Cow is so glad it's the suit and not Gere that Scones is crushing on, for Cow has a lot better guys in mind:
Cary Elwes, wearing the Dread Pirate Roberts black leather in Princess Bride;

Viggo Mortensen, as the Ranger in Lord of the Rings;

Colin Firth, in any of his outfits from Pride and Prejudice...

Ah, the list could go on.

(Cow quickly putting "Priceless" on her "to rent" queue at Netflix)

Cow thinks Scones will look fabulous in any of her cute outfits and thinks guys don't so much notice the clothes as that "about-to-smile" and good posture crap, at least according to that book.

Cow extends best wishes for a pleasant evening.

Moo!

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiary, yes all those guys you mention are gorgeous. And easily outshine their clothes. 'Priceless' is enjoyable and light, a bit like 'Breakfast at Tiffanys' in that the heroine goes with rich men for money. And it's a bit unconvincing at times.. Also it makes you yearn to go shopping.
I've got my pleasant expression all ready, and am prepared to demonstrate my extreme marriageability by performing some act of altruism in frony of this friend of Jasmine's...
I hope you have a lovely weekend,too, love from scones xx

The Topiary Cow said...

Oooh, an act of altruism.

Let's see, at a party, that means letting someone else snag the last canape'?

Or perhaps, helping a drunk friend into a taxi and selflessly allowing them to puke on your shoes?

The possibilities are endless. Cow waits the next post to find out how it went.

Moo!

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiary, well as you can see, all that advice wasnm't neede. It was only Jasmine trying to get me to go out with Glenn again, Love scones xx