Wednesday 8 October 2008

Pink Cocktails and Bad News


I’m feeling a bit woozy and depressed today as Rache came over last night and we drank too many champagne cocktails.(A credit-squeeze version, using pink Cava from Tesco.) (Also, some of them with cranberry juice in, as Rache has cystitis. Or maybe some worse, Greek variant.) She was so sad about Vasilius going. He is the best thing that has ever happened to her, such a fantastic lover, such a superb man in every way etc etc.
The thing I was most interested in is that she told me that Oskar, the demon cat, who was making Rache’s life a misery by, for instance, peeing in her fruit bowl, has completely changed as a result of these two grumpy middle-aged Greek men occupying his quarters for a week. Rache explained that Oskar now looks apologetic all the time, is pathetically grateful even to be allowed into the place, and doesn’t even miaow when he needs feeding. He just looks at her pleadingly, with a winsome look on his scroffy face. I don’t know what those Greeks did to him, but it sounds amazing. Maybe Vas and Dimi ought to have their own TV series, ruthlessly sorting out troublesome cats all over the UK.(Only, maybe their methods are best kept secret.)
Oh, and just before Rache passed out on my sofa, mascara smeared all over her face, she confided that Pym was really worried about me. My tarots were really diabolically terrible, and he was just making them sound better to be kind. He’s never seen worse ones, and was shocked when they came out almost exactly the same the second time…
Great.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Scones

You mentioned one of the cards was The Tower - I found this, which might be of use (or not!): http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot
/learn/meanings/tower.shtml

However, I can only reiterate what I've said before, and that's that they only mean something if you believe in them.

The cocktails sound fabulous, budget version or not.

Fondest regards

L

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Miggins, thank you so much for this. It is really reassuring,. None of the cards sound too bad on this site. Anyway, I'm just not going to believe in them at all, from now on. The cocktails were fabulous. I don't think I can tell the difference between champagne and cava - not when it has gin and sugar-syrup and cranberries in. Love from scopnes xxx

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow agrees with Miggins and after googling Tarot Card Fakery and other related terms offers this:

"The person being read and the "psychic" ten to be lax in interpreting the results.

For example, if the psychic says that there will be a change in your life, that'll prime you to look for any change - remembering the prediction itself makes you more aware of changes."

"When predictions are vague enough, it's easy to interpret them in a way as to find meaning."

"And since people are generally eager to believe in psychic phenomena, it's easy for the psychic to find compliant clients."

Entire article at Answers

Hope this helps Scones.

Moo!

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiary, well you are right. I don't normally believe stuff like this, and actually usually try to stay clear of it. The more I read different tarot sites on the internet the more I realise that the cards can, as you say, mean ANYTHING.
Maybe I'm better off without a gay best friend, too.
Love from scones xx