Thursday 16 October 2008

Strange Flus???


Haven’t posted because I’ve been feeling so peculiar and unwell. I haven’t really wanted to eat anything since the weekend (except tea and toast, very occasionally) and while it’s a bit worrying – what did Jacob put in the Green Thai Curry? – at least my clothes aren’t too tight any more. I’ve been reading all this stuff about people getting kidney failure as a result of cooking up poisonous mushrooms, so I hope it wasn’t one of those. I even rang my dad, last night about it. He said they all seemed to have had a peculiar kind of flu that had laid them low for a few days, but they were now on the mend.
‘What about Jacob?’ I asked
‘Oh – Jacob didn’t get it. He never does.’
‘So have you had a lot of these flus?’
‘From time to time. Let me see, we had one back in August. I remember that because it was an odd time of the year for flu. And then Dawnie and me were bad in June. Very bad, for two days, but that was brought on by the cold and wet.’
So this makes me wonder. Is Jacob some kind of a psychopath teenage poisoner, working up to some sort of serial-killing spree by practising on his family? Or have I just gone mad?
Still, it is nice being slightly slimmer. And I notice that almost everyone I know has put on about half a stone (or more) over the summer. Probably because it was so wet and miserable. And they’ve been worrying about the squeeze.

3 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Not sure Cow would eat Jacob's cooking anymore.

Remember, Leafy Greens! Leafy Greens!

Moo!

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiary, well, I'm certainly not eating his food any more!
Actually, I'm not sure I've ever enjoyed eating anything cooked by a child or a teenager. It even puts me off MacDonald's, seeing the 'chefs' in the back, with their spots. Maybe there ought to be a legal age for cooking for others, like 18 or something, Love scones xx

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow thinks this is a very good idea.

(Cow modestly pointing out she avoids MacDonalds because of certain items on their menu). She does approve of their salads though.

Moo!