Tuesday 10 June 2008

Cakes and Weird Sex



Well, I’m sorry I haven’t been blogging for a few days, but things have been so fraught here. Jo came into work on Friday in tears, saying that she’d had this terrible row with her boyfriend - and that she hadn’t had time to make the chocolate chip flapjacks she’d promised. It was very difficult, as people kept coming into the office from other departments, having heard about chocolate time, and having to be pushed back out again, because she was crying.
Anyhoo, I said why didn’t she come back and have dinner at my place? And one thing led to another and suddenly she turned up with a trolley-suitcase for the whole weekend.
It was nice in one way, but the weather was so hot! You don’t really feel like eating a home-made chocolate Victoria sponge when you’re sweating, even if it is stuffed with whipped cream and strawberries. I never, ever thought I’d ever get in the position where I wouldn’t actually WANT cake – but I came quite close on Sunday.
So the whole weekend we’ve been going out to Regents Park – loaded down with picnic hampers – and sat under the trees while Jo goes on about her boyfriend, Martyn. I shall have to go soon, as she’s the sort of person who likes to read the paper over your shoulder, and I don’t want her to know about this blog. Or anyone at work to know about it. And she hasn’t moved out yet, either. But he sounds a very peculiar man. Apparently he can’t have normal sex at all, and can only…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Apparently he can’t have normal sex at all, and can only…"

Oh, come on, don't tease us so!!!

scones with jam and cream said...

dear Goodbyetoallfat, sorry, but suddenly Jo was approaching my computer and i hjad to shut it down. I have gone on though. Incidentally, have you thought of just putting a bit of wire on your necklaces to extend them. Or ribbob. Seems a pity not to wear them Well done on losing the weight! Love sconesx