Friday 20 June 2008

What'll I Do, Without The Woo?



Well, the last 24 hours have been pretty dispiriting, and I hate being dispirited. My credit card statement arrived (or rather, I finally got up the nerve to open it) and immediately felt like someone had stabbed me. How could I have spent so much? I spent most of last night trying to reattach the tags convincingly to the banana dress so I could perhaps pretend to the madam-shop owner that I hadn’t worn it. Aagh.
And then last night I went out for a Chinese with Jo, and just as we were getting into a lovely conversation I was suddenly sure I could see Glenn outside the window on the street, looking in at me.(He even had a T-shirt on with: ‘In case of zombie attack, follow me’ written on it, which was even MORE disturbing). I got up and went outside to check, but he wasn’t there. And Jasmine says he went off festivalling the day before yesterday to the West Country and she doesn’t expect him back for ages. So obviously I’m starting to have hallucinations. Does that stuff they sprinkle on Chinese food give you them?
And finally, this morning when I went to log on to my favourite blog, The Woo, I was told I was not welcome. It’s a private site now, for her friends only.(And I’m not considered to be one, sadly.) How will I manage without my daily shot of inspiration? Oh, and it’s raining, and I’ve just washed my hair and forgotten my umbrella.
If I was a computer I’d switch myself off and start again..

5 comments:

The Topiary Cow said...

Dearie me, dearie me.

Troubles have come in Big Battalions, to be sure.

Credit cards, yes, when one hasn't spent anything BIG it is amazing how those SMALL items can add up.

Condolences.

Cow wouldn't put it past Glenn to lie about going festivaling, and of course he took off if he saw you coming out! NOT hallucinating.

As for the Woo, Cow knows not of this blog but hopes perhaps Scones will be invited to join. If not, the only consolation Cow can offer is a sympathetic

Moo!

(Which at least rhymes with Woo)

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiary, don't you read The Urban Woo blog? It turns out that Clair, who writes it, just had a bad day or something, and everyone can visit again now. It's a lovely place.
Maybe I just saw someone who looked slightly like Glenn. It was only the T shirt and its slogan that I really saw clearly.I probably thought it was Glenn because i had a bad dream about him the night before, and he was on my mind. I'll ring Jasmine at the weekend and ask if he's got a T shirt like that. Hope you have a lovely weekend, love scones x

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow is happy that things are looking up again for scones and wishes her a happy weekend also!

Moo!

Mrs Pouncer said...

Dear Miss Scones and, incidentally, Miss Cow
It is high time you both pulled yourselves together and took on some of the mettle that made this country great. Think of the Bulldog Breed! The Dunkirk Spirit! Do you honestly think some wastrel like Glenn, whoever he is, is worth worrying about? Credit cards and spinechilling letters from bank managers are but thistledown in the great meadow of life. Cordially, etc

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Mrs Pouncer, thank you for reading my blog. I do try to pull myself together, and be bulldog like, but I can't help it if the small things get to me. And it IS worrying to discover you have spent nearly two thousand pounds on shoes and dresses without even really noticing. Also, Topiary has alerted me to the fact that Glenn may be a sinister stalker, so maybe he is worth fretting about, too. Love scones x