Monday 23 June 2008

Meringues and No Cream



I was very aware of T-shirts over the weekend. (I particularly liked the anti-EU one, invariably worn by twinkling Irishmen, reading ‘The Leprechauns Made Me Do It’.) And, you know, it was odd, but at least a couple of times I’m sure I saw that zombie one again. Always worn by someone with long hair, whose face I couldn’t see clearly. Once it was at Hyde Park Corner on Saturday morning, as I was getting off a bus, and later, in the evening, as I was wandering along the King’s Road, more than a little worse for wear. (So that sighting was probably imaginary.) Oh, and I rang Jasmine and she said she’s never seen Glenn wearing a zombie T-shirt. So that’s a relief.
Michael never phoned. Jo said this morning: ‘Well, “We must do lunch” IS rich-person’s-speak for “Fuck off and die”’ – which I thought was a bit rude of her. Also, if Michael never wanted to see me again, why would he give me his card? I wandered casually past his house at the weekend (after a few too many bubbles) and he was having another party, the whole place lit up, and a string quartet playing.
Anyhoo, today it’s back on with the diet. I’m having yoghourt, instead of whipped cream, with the meringues Jo has brought in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yogurt + meringues? Sounds most odd but obviously it will be less fattening and less calorific so well done you for thinking up that strange combination!

scones with jam and cream said...

Yes, well, it would probably be better for me not to eat the meringues AT ALL, but then i would be
1) standoffish, and annoy Jo
2)not be part of the throng of people from offices all over the place who drop in, now, for Jo's cakes.
Egg white is full of protein and has no fat, so I reckoned that a meringue and yoghourt (or possibly two meringues and y) could take the place of lunch.Love from scones x

The Topiary Cow said...

Cow is now desperate for meringues.

Moo!

scones with jam and cream said...

Dear Topiary, well merigues have that effect. I always start by thinking I won't have any, then try one and think it is a bit too sweet and I'll only have half after all... and before I know it I'm all sugared and creamed out. Jo's merigues are the best kind: goldeny, with a sort of toffee in the middle. And I didn't manage to avoid the cream, either.Love scones